Well folks, it’s official! I’ve got a one way ticket to Prague! YYYAAAYYYY!!!
I will be following my heart and taking the TEFL course aboard in Prague! Thanks to some help from some loved ones and a nice tax return from Uncle Sam, things are actually starting to happen around here!
But Stephanie, your last blog post was in January! What have you been doing all this time? -You, probably…
Yes, I know it’s been a while! Thank you for being so patient, lovely reader!
At the beginning of February, someone who I love and adore, my grandpa, passed away from cancer. This was incredibly difficult for my family (and still is), but I can take comfort in the fact that I told him about my upcoming adventures and he was nothing but supportive! I’ll definitely be taking my memories of him everywhere I go.
Since that time, I have also:
- Paid my deposit on my TEFL course with International TEFL Academy
- Paid my remaining balance on my TEFL course with The Language House
- Purchased my Canon EOS Rebel T5 (which included all sorts of goodies)
- Had an amazing photo shoot for this website/business cards by the incredibly talented Eric Tronolone Photography
- New eyeglasses (so I can actually see the board in class)
- Moved out of my old apartment, put everything in storage (or donated), and moved back in with my mom
- Hustled my little tail off working full-time and part-time jobs
- And drank lots and lots of coffee 🙂
…and those are just the things for me!
Arya has been fairly busy as well! There are all sorts of entry requirements for animals when traveling internationally. You want to make sure you are not only complying with the airlines requirements, but also with the specific country in which you are visiting/living. Fortunately, Czech Republic does not have super insane entry requirements, but there’s still a lot to accomplish before we can safely board the plane (More specific details here).
But, even with all of that, I am getting more and more excited every day! Every task I complete gets Arya and I one step closer to our new adventure! 🙂